Sunday, September 22, 2013
The American Tobacco Trail, 1305 White Oak Church Road, Apex
1:00 pm – Race Start
11:30 – 12:30 – Packet pickup & Setup
Early packet pick up available at the last training session.
We request one volunteer per family to help man the course and provide a safe environment for everyone.
Since our triathlons, duathlons & adventure races are sanctioned by USA Triathlon, all kids (5-17) must be USAT members to participate in these events. Go to www.usatmembership.com for membership details – it only takes a few minutes to sign up and costs only $15 for the whole year. (If you plan on only doing 1 race in a year you can opt for the $10 1 day membership instead. This can be done at packet pickup). Your child must present their membership card to pick up their packet (a temporary card can be printed from the USAT website).
– Donations help at-risk kids participate in KIT activities, quantity can be changed in Paypal shopping cart
– Registration fee includes 1 Training Session (all sessions included for ClubKIT members), a KIT race giveaway and all Finishers receive an award!
– All online orders will be processed through PayPal
– $10 Late Fee begins August 22*Note* Participant’s who sign up for this event after August 22 will not be guaranteed a race souvenir or reward at the race. Due to limited space, registration will close quickly.
- $10 Additional Fee Begins September 15
– A limited amount of financial assistance is available – please contact us before August 22 at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- Each ClubKIT member will receive a discount on registration. If you are not a ClubKIT member and use the discounted fee you will be asked to either join ClubKIT or pay the difference at packet pickup. ClubKIT is NOT the same as USAT.
– Refund Policy: All but $10 of your registration fee will be refunded until August 22 or until the race fills, whichever comes first. If the race fills, 50% of your entry will be refunded until August 22
– **Race registrations are non-transferable**
Please see the Course Map for distances and details.
Approximate distances are as follows for Run/Bike/Run in each category:
5-7 – .35mi/1.5mi/.35 mi
8-10 – .7mi/3mi/.7mi
11-17 – 1mi/4.5 mi/1mi
Run is on a flat dirt trail.
Bike is on a dirt trail with a slow incline.
PARKING Please park in the White Oak trailhead parking lot.
AWARDS We will present all finishers with an award and enter their bib number into a raffle filled with goodies. Age Group and Relay awards will be presented at the end of the race. Results will be posted on the website that week. KIT strives to foster motivation in fitness rather than competition against others.
TRAINING SESSIONS All registered participants may attend 1 Training Session (all sessions included for ClubKIT members),to get them familiar with the race course, transitions and get any questions answered. We highly recommend these sessions to assure your racer they will be comfortable on race day. All sessions will be held on location at ATT – White Oak (meet at the trailhead) and conducted by KIT staff. Bring everything you would on race day as we will ride and run the course. ALL kids under 10 will need an adult to accompany them on the ride & run. NO exceptions.
Please reserve a space by filling out the form sent to you about a month before race day or shortly after registering, whichever is later.
Sun, Sept 8, 6-7pm
Sat, Sept 14, 10-11am
Thurs, Sept 19, 6-7pm. Early packet pickup 5:30-6 & immediately after session
INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY In the event of inclement weather, the race directors have the right to reschedule the start time and/or cancel the competition. Delays or cancellation will be posted on our phone line the morning of the event by 10am. Unfortunately, due to costs that will have already incurred, we will not be able to refund fees; however, will do our best to reschedule the event at a later date.