Sunday, August 18, 2013
Carpenter Village Swim Club, 707 Carpenter Town Lane, Cary, NC
8:30 am – Race Start
7:00 – 8:00 – Packet pickup & Setup
Early packet pick up available at the last training session.
We request one volunteer per family to help man the course and provide a safe environment for everyone.
Since our triathlons, duathlons & adventure races are sanctioned by USA Triathlon, all kids (5-17) must be USAT members to participate in these events. Go to www.usatmembership.com for membership details – it only takes a few minutes to sign up and costs only $15 for the whole year. (If you plan on only doing 1 race in a year you can opt for the $10 1 day membership instead. This can be done at packet pickup). Your child must present their membership card to pick up their packet (a temporary card can be printed from the USAT website).
- Donations help at-risk kids participate in KIT activities, quantity can be changed in Paypal shopping cart
- Registration fee includes 1 Training Session (all sessions included for ClubKIT members), a KIT race giveaway and all Finishers receive an award!
- All online orders will be processed through PayPal
- $10 Late Fee begins July 31*Note* Participant’s who sign up for this event after July 31 will not be guaranteed a race souvenir or reward at the race. Due to limited space, registration will close quickly.
- $10 Additional Fee during week before race, August 11. Late fee will be $20 this week
- A limited amount of financial assistance is available – please contact us before July 18 at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- Each ClubKIT member will receive a discount on registration. If you are not a ClubKIT member and use the discounted fee you will be asked to either join ClubKIT or pay the difference at packet pickup. ClubKIT is NOT the same as USAT.
- Refund Policy: All but $10 of your registration fee will be refunded until July 18 or until the race fills, whichever comes first. If the race fills, 50% of your entry will be refunded until July 18
- **Race registrations are non-transferable**
Approximate distances are as follows for Swim/Bike/Run in each category:
5-7 – 50yds/1.5mi/.5 mi
8-10 – 100yds/3mi/1mi
11-17 – 150 yds/4.5 mi/1.5mi
Swim is in a 6 lane, 25 yd pool. Time trial start. Kids will start 10-20 seconds apart with their age group. We start 11-17 year olds first then 8-10 and end with 5-7 with time gaps in between to provide the most safe race course possible. Swim start times will be posted on race morning. Estimate start times for 8-10 year olds will be 9 am and 9:30 for 5-7 year olds.
Bike is on streets, separated from auto traffic and manned by police & adult volunteers.
Run is on sidewalks and manned by volunteers .
PARKING NO PARKING ON THE RACE COURSE. Please see course map and follow all signs such as No Parking due to Bike Lanes, etc. Prepare for restricted access during the race and please be courteous to the residents.
AWARDS We will present all finishers with an award and enter their bib number into a raffle filled with goodies. Age Group, Team Challenge and Relay awards will be presented at the end of the race. Results will be posted on the website that week. KIT strives to foster motivation in fitness rather than competition against others.
TRAINING SESSIONS All registered participants may attend 1 Training Session (all sessions included for ClubKIT members), to get them familiar with the race course, transitions and get any questions answered. We highly recommend these sessions to assure your racer they will be comfortable on race day. All sessions will be held on location at Carpenter Village (meet in the club parking lot) and conducted by KIT staff. Bring everything you would on race day as we will ride and run the course. ALL kids under 10 will need an adult to accompany them on the ride & run. NO exceptions as the course will be open to autos during training sessions.
Please reserve a space by filling out the form sent to you about a month before race day or shortly after registering, whichever is later.
Sun, August 4, 6-7pm
Sat, August 10, 10-11am
Thurs, August 15, 6-7pm. Early packet pickup 5:30-6 & immediately after session
INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY In the event of inclement weather, the race directors have the right to reschedule the start time and/or cancel the competition. Delays or cancellation will be posted on our phone line the morning of the event by 7am. Unfortunately, due to costs that will have already incurred, we will not be able to refund fees; however, will do our best to reschedule the event at a later date.