Sunday, June 9, 2013
Harris Lake County Park, 2112 County Park Dr, New Hill, NC
1:00 pm – Race Start
11:30 – 12:30 – Packet pickup & Setup
Early packet pick up available at the last training session.
We request one volunteer per family to help man the course and provide a safe environment for everyone.
Since our triathlons, duathlons & adventure races are sanctioned by USA Triathlon, all kids (5-17) must be USAT members to participate in these events. Go to www.usatmembership.com for membership details – it only takes a few minutes to sign up and costs only $15 for the whole year. (If you plan on only doing 1 race in a year you can opt for the $10 1 day membership instead. This can be done at packet pickup). Your child must present their membership card to pick up their packet (a temporary card can be printed from the USAT website).
– Donations help at-risk kids participate in KIT activities, quantity can be changed in Paypal shopping cart
– Registration fee includes 1 Training Session (all sessions included for ClubKIT members), a KIT race giveaway and all Finishers receive an award!
– All online orders will be processed through PayPal
– $10 Late Fee begins May 9*Note* Participant’s who sign up for this event after May 9 will not be guaranteed a race souvenir or reward at the race. Due to limited space, registration will close quickly.
– A limited amount of financial assistance is available – please contact us before May 9 at email@example.com for details.
– Each ClubKIT member will receive a discount on registration
– Refund Policy: All but $10 of your registration fee will be refunded until May 9 or until the race fills, whichever comes first. If the race fills, 50% of your entry will be refunded until May 9 – **Race registrations are non-transferable**
Please see the Course Map for distances and details.
Approximate distances are as follows for Canoe/Mtn Bike/Run in each category:
5-7 – .5mi/1mi/.75 mi
8-10 – 1mi/2mi/1mi
11-17 – 1.5mi/3 mi/1.75mi
This is a TEAM event, parent/child or 2 teens, and both will do the whole race together. **Canoes will be provided**
Canoe is in Harris Lake, around a buoy and back to the beach. Age group start. We start 11-17 year
olds first, then 8-10 and end with 5-7 with time gaps in between to provide the most safe race course possible.
Estimate start times for 8-10 year olds will be 1:30 and 2:00 for 5-7 year olds.
Bike is on dirt trails, narrow but flat for 5-7 yr olds and single track dirt trails for 8+.
Run is on dirt trails.
Special Tests We can’t tell you what they will be until race day but rest assured they will make you look silly and be a blast. Remember that this is a race for the KIDS with assistance provided by the adult. Let’s all make this a special experience for them.
PARKING Please park in the parking lots marked by KIT or event signs.
AWARDS We will present all finishers with an award and enter their bib number into a raffle filled with goodies. Age Group awards will be presented at the end of the race. Results will be posted on the website that week. KIT strives to foster motivation in fitness rather than competition against others.
TRAINING SESSIONS All registered participants may attend 1 free training session (all sessions included for ClubKIT members) to get them familiar with the race course, transitions and get any questions answered. We highly recommend these sessions to assure your racer they will be comfortable on race day. All sessions will be held on location at Harris Lake (meet in the Cypress Shelter parking lot) and conducted by KIT staff. Bring everything you would on race day as we will ride and run the course. All kids under 10 will need an adult to accompany them on the ride & run.
Please reserve a space by filling out the form sent to you about a month before race day or shortly after registering, whichever is later. If you do not receive this link, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and make sure you receive a confirmation. Please check your email and/or www.trianglemtb.com to make sure there are no trail closures or session cancellations before you get ready to leave for a training session.
Monday, May 27, 4-5pm
Sunday, June 2, 5-6pm
Thursday, June 6, 6-7 pm with early packet pickup 5:30-5:50
INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY In the event of inclement weather, the race directors have the right to reschedule the start time and/or cancel the competition. Delays or cancellation will be posted on our phone line the morning of the event by 10am. Unfortunately, due to costs that will have already incurred, we will not be able to refund fees; however, will do our best to reschedule the event at a later date.