Sunday, October 13, 2013
Lake Crabtree, 1400 Aviation Pkwy, Morrisville, NC
1:00 pm – Race Start
11:30 – 12:30 – Packet pickup & Setup
Early packet pick up available at the last training session.
We request one volunteer per family to help man the course and provide a safe environment for everyone.
See 2013 results
See 2012 results
See 2011 results
See 2010 results
See 2009 results
See 2008 results
See 2007 results
See 2006 results
See 2005-Spring results
See 2005-Fall results
See 2004 results
See 2003 results
Since our triathlons, duathlons & adventure races are sanctioned by USA Triathlon, all kids (5-17) must be USAT members to participate in these events. Go to www.usatmembership.com for membership details – it only takes a few minutes to sign up and costs only $15 for the whole year. (If you plan on only doing 1 race in a year you can opt for the $10 1 day membership instead. This can be done at packet pickup). Your child must present their membership card to pick up their packet (a temporary card can be printed from the USAT website).
– Donations help at-risk kids participate in KIT activities, quantity can be changed in Paypal shopping cart
– Registration fee includes 1 Training Session (all sessions included for ClubKIT members), a KIT race giveaway and all Finishers receive an award!
– All online orders will be processed through PayPal
– $10 Late Fee begins September 13*Note* Participant’s who sign up for this event after September 13 will not be guaranteed a race souvenir or reward at the race. Due to limited space, registration will close quickly.
– $10 Additional Fee begins October 6
– A limited amount of financial assistance is available – please contact us before September 13 at email@example.com for details.
– Each ClubKIT member will receive a discount on registration. If you are not a ClubKIT member and use the discounted fee you will be asked to either join ClubKIT or pay the difference at packet pickup. ClubKIT is NOT the same as USAT.
– Refund Policy: All but $10 of your registration fee will be refunded until September 13 or until the race fills, whichever comes first. If the race fills, 50% of your entry will be refunded until September 13
– **Race registrations are non-transferable**
COURSE DESCRIPTION Please see the Course Map for distances and details. This is a TEAM event, parent/child or 2 teens, and both will do the whole race together. **Canoes will be provided**
Approximate distances are as follows for Canoe/Mtn Bike/Run in each category:
5-7 – .5mi/.6mi/.6mi
8-10 – 1mi/1mi/1.5mi
11-17 – 1.5mi/1.5mi/2mi
Canoe is in Lake Crabtree, around a buoy and back to the beach. Age group start. We start 11-17 year olds first, then 8-10 and end with 5-7 with time gaps in between to provide the most safe race course possible. Estimate start times for 8-10 year olds will be 1:30 pm and 2:00 pm for 5-7 year olds.
Bike is on dirt trails, wide and flat for 5-7 yr olds and single track dirt trails for 8+.
Run is on paved & dirt trails, some inclines.
Special Tests We can’t tell you what they will be until race day but rest assured they will make you look silly and be a blast. Remember that this is a race for the KIDS with assistance provided by the adult. Let’s all make this a special experience for them.
PARKING Please park in the parking lots marked by KIT or event signs.
AWARDS We will present all finishers with an award and enter their bib number into a raffle filled with goodies. Age Group and Relay awards will be presented at the end of the race. Results will be posted on the website that week. KIT strives to foster motivation in fitness rather than competition against others.
TRAINING SESSIONS All registered participants may attend 1 Training Session (all sessions included for ClubKIT members), to get them familiar with the race course, transitions and get any questions answered. We highly recommend these sessions to assure your racer they will be comfortable on race day. All sessions will be held on location at Lake Crabtree (meet on the field at the first parking lot) and conducted by KIT staff. Bring everything you would on race day as we will ride and run the course. ALL kids under 10 will need an adult to accompany them on the ride & run. NO exceptions.
Please reserve a space by filling out the form sent to you about a month before race day or shortly after registering, whichever is later.
Sat, Sept 28, 10-11am
Sun, Oct 6, 5-6pm
Thurs, Oct 10, 5:30-6:30pm. Early packet pickup 5-5:30 and immediately after session
INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY In the event of inclement weather, the race directors have the right to reschedule the start time and/or cancel the competition. Delays or cancellation will be posted on our phone line the morning of the event by 10am. Unfortunately, due to costs that will have already incurred, we will not be able to refund fees; however, will do our best to reschedule the event at a later date.